If you are thinking about giving your beloved car a fresh coat of paint or are just looking to patch up some rust or a scratch on your hood, you may be wondering what to do. For auto body repair and paint jobs process to remain, you should have some idea of how it is going to be carried out.
Here is a glimpse of things involved in painting a car. The process is carried out in steps.
- The first step is preparing the car for a new coat of paint.
- Prep work includes a power wash and a layer of grease remover.
- Then the car is sanded down completely.
- A plastic covering is done on areas that are not to be painted, such as tires, windows, headlights, etc. Now your car is ready for paint.
- The paint is applied in even coats followed by a clear coat at the end. The clear coat will give your car a shiny finish. Without the clear coat, the color would stay a matte finish.
- Big dryers, under whom the car is parked, help the paint to set and dry completely. Your shiny, just-like-new car is ready to be delivered to you.
The cost of a paint or body repair job depends on the type and extent of work done. Good auto body and collision repair shops often offer free estimates. Getting quotes from a few shops will help you make a decision, since the costs can vary greatly.
A fresh paint job can instantly make your car feel new again, whether you want to retain it or put it up for selling.