The moonroof is located on the roof of your vehicle to let fresh air and light into the cabin. The moonroof is either fixed or operable; opaque or transparent; there are several versions of the moonroof.
It is important to know what type of moonroof your vehicle has, so that you can have it repaired or replaced properly upon damage.
- Fixed moonroofs often come as pop-up roofs. A panel of glass tilts upward on a hinge, and is operated manually or electrically.
- Spoiler – This is a combination of the pop-up and sliding sunroof. The moonroof can be tilted to open and then it can be slid back on a track.
- Panoramic – A multi-pane moonroof tilts and slides, just like a spoiler moonroof but can be opened further than a spoiler to open above both the front and rear cabin of the passenger cabin.
- Solar – This is an opaque moonroof glass which is fitted with solar panel cells store solar energy and turn it into electricity which is stored in the battery of the vehicle.
- Top-mount – These are sliding moonroofs but the tracks are stored above the roof to have some extra headroom inside the cabin.
Experts at A&A Auto Glass & Body Shop offer high quality and stress free, auto glass repair and replacement, body repair and paint process, at an affordable price. When you need your car’s or RV’s windshield repaired and replaced, look no further than the A&A Auto Glass repair specialists.